...This is a place where God allows me to show you what He is doing through our ministry in Honduras...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Is God opening the doors?

Can you believe it has been almost six months since God moved my heart and allowed me to move to Honduras?!? God has opened many MANY doors for me to serve him here, in ways I NEVER would have excepted. If you have been keeping up with my blog, (takeyourcandlegolightyourworld.blogspot.com), you can see all the great ways God is blessing our ministry. Currently we have nine boys living with us, two sets of brothers. They are a hand full but I love them.

I am writing you to seek your advise. I know that you all are a very wise and knowledgeable people so I am hoping that you can help. We currently sold our Chevy Suburban that we owned due to many many weeks in the shop. Currently we are renting a vehicle and it costly. We have been looking everyday for a new(er) car and haven't found one. Yesterday, however, we got a phone call from a random person that said he had a 2004 Ford F-150 for sale. When we went to look at it, it is in PREFECT condition. The man is a certified ford technician from the states. He is Honduran but has lived in California and Detroit for some time of his life.

I feel like this is a gift from God. We have been praying for answers and I think this might be it. The cost of the truck is $7,409 (that is converted from 140,000 limperas, the Honduran currency). Please tell me what you think. We looked up the car from Carfax and it has a clean record, only one owner in the states. He showed us the history of the car here in Honduras and he has been the only owner. Also, it has just under 60,000 miles. If you think it is a good deal, let me know! I would LOVE to have a way to purchase this car and have it be my personal ministry vehical. If you have advise about how I can come up with the money let me know too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought toyota was the truck to buy in Honduras because you can get parts easier and cheaper. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

beg LOL

Anonymous said...

You need to buy whichever one is cheaper to maintain! Hugs