...This is a place where God allows me to show you what He is doing through our ministry in Honduras...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Report


God called me to Honduras years ago, I just didn't know what my purpose would be here. When I finally decided to move here in August of 2008, I knew that he had started to open doors for me here, I just didn't realize what they where. I thought that God had called me here to help the children that lived on the street, to help find resources for other organizations but really his a mediate goal was for me the serve these nine boys that I now call my own.
Currently Saul, Mario, Jovanni, Fransico and Marvin are all enrolled in Hamilton School where they attend kindergarten. They will be in kinder until they can speak enough English to proceed onto the correct grade level in the fall. About the third week of February Eduardo and Yoni will start in the public school system. They are too old and too far behind to catch up in bi-lingual school. We plan for Carlos to start back to school at that time as well but he will be taking night classes, hopefully so that he can work during the day :). Antonio is only three years old, however, I have been working with him on his English and math some! He is a very bright kid for being only three!
During my down time while the children are at school I am still able to serve the people of Honduras. Weekly I have been visiting the hospital with my friend Janet Garcia and Sam. We have been visiting families that we have grown close with in different villages and I have been able to use some of my nursing skills to treat some minor wounds and illnesses throughout the villages.
God is GREAT!

No comments: