...This is a place where God allows me to show you what He is doing through our ministry in Honduras...

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Passing Out Shoes!

Margret Whaterah! (sorry I know I spelled your name wrong) Thank you so much for sending my those shoes. When we unloaded Gayle's container about three weeks ago, Carlos (the oldest boy living with us, age:18) asked me if he could take some of the shoes to families he knew in the Ka-Ko-EE (I have NO idea how to spell it) homes. These are homes that TORCH/IRC helped build right on the IRC property in Santa Ana. I was very pleased to see that he wanted to help. We gave away about 40 pairs of shoes there and plan to give the rest away at the dump in the near future!
My friend Janet organizing the shoes in my room

Us with the kids. (I am in my suit b/c we had a meeting earlier that morning)

Carlos with the family that is the poorest in the community

Carlos putting shoes on the little girl!

No comments: