...This is a place where God allows me to show you what He is doing through our ministry in Honduras...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tuesdays Devotional... By Carlos



On tuesday we took the group to the Jesus Statue at night for a quick devotional. After about twenty minutes of talking about Honduras, describing the history of the mountains and stuff like that they said that it was time for the devotional. We all sat down and Jen and Carlos stood there. I knew that this was going to be a tear jerker.
Carlos started to tell us about his day at school. He told us that his teacher in his Pschy class made him draw a picture of his family. He said that he drew his mom and two brothers close to each other and he was far away from the rest of his family, on the other side of the page. After he finished drawing, the teacher made the kids get up in front of the class and discribe the picture. The teacher asked why he was the only one on that side of the paper. With tears in his eyes, he said, because I knew then, right then and there, that my mom did everything that she could for us. He told us that during his class he sat down and cried. He realized that all the resentment and anger that he had towards his mother was unjust and that he knew he needed to talk to her. He told us about his life growing up and the rough times that he had. Then with big ole tears in his eyes he said I am glad that God has allowed me the opportunity to change my life. He started by thanking Jen for having faith and trust in him when almost everyone else has given up on him. He thanked me for being the father that he never had. He thanked Ashley for being his sister because his died. By the end of the night, he had EVERYONE crying like babies!
He is my son and I am proud to call to him my son. It is really great to see God working in his life. God is working here in the ministry and is really changing peoples hearts. He is showing us his grace and love in many different ways. He is showing us that this thing that we are doing, is GOING to work. I thank God that he has allowed me to meet this set of brothers and thank Him for allowing me to be a father to them. I love being called poppi, daddy, father. It brings tears to my eyes every time.

No comments: