...This is a place where God allows me to show you what He is doing through our ministry in Honduras...

Saturday, April 25, 2009

First Time Alone… and I am worried

On Friday Gayle and Debbie flew into Honduras.  Whenever Gayle comes to the country, I love to be here to help her! Tonight (Saturday night) I spent the night out here with them in Santa Ana. Just to spend time with them and to be here if they needed something. Well, because of my staying out here and Jen having other plans, our boys were given the option to spend the night at the house by themselves or to spend the night with a “family friend,” the Garcia’s. They chose to spend the night by themselves.

Now I know how my parents felt the first time they left me home alone over night. I am worrying. I don’t know why, they are good boys (for the most part). I just worry because I love them I guess. God and I talked about it already, several times, so I know that I am just being a “worry wart.” Tomorrow, or the day after, I will let you know if we still have a house ;-) . 

I have never really sat down and written out a prayer… so tonight, here is my fist.

My prayer tonight:

God, thank you for allowing me to serve the Honduran people in so many ways. Thank you for allowing me to be involved in these boys lives. God I ask that you watch them tonight and keep them safe. Put your shield of protection around them and allow them to know that they are loved not only by us but more importantly by YOU. Allow them to see your light shine in everything they do and everything we do to better your kingdom. God I thank you for Eduardo and his caring heart Lord. Even under his rough edges, he has a soft heart and God I pray that you break him of his roughness. Show him your love and allow him to see our love as well. Show him the ways of you Lord. Thank you for Saul Lord. He is such a sweet kid and so kind and so full of love. He reminds me daily of what it must be like to have faith like a child. Please be with him Father as he is away from his mother, allow him to seek you in his times of need Lord.  Lord thank you for Carlos and his great spirit. Lord I believe he wishes to serve you full heartedly, we just need to break through the mess he still holds deep inside. God we can see that he is working through it and I thank you for that!!! I am so appreciative of all the great and wonderful things you have done and will continue to do in this young mans life!  Thank you Lord for giving him the opportunity to step up and show his brothers how to walk in the way of you Lord. God please be with Jen and myself as we are trying so hard to raise these boys. Be with us when we fall short and pick us back up. Help us dust off our pants and get right back up there doing it again. God I want to be more like you. I want to bring these boys up in the way of you so that they may better the future of your kingdom. Please be with the Lopez family as they sleep together as a family tonight. God, with tears in my eyes, I THANK YOU from the deepest parts of my heart for what you have done for that family. To see six little boys  sooooo sooooo happy to have their daddy, it just amazes me how you gave them your grace and mercy. Father thank you for all that you do for me, every day, every hour, every minute. Thank you Lord. You are a God of wonders, a God that shows us his mercy and grace daily. I pray that you forgive me when I forget all of these things Lord, when I fall on my face Lord I am glad that you will be there time after time to pick me back up. May your grace and mercy be with the people of Honduras tonight Lord. -Amen

2 comments:

Karen Burnfield said...

Wow! That is pretty amazing. Love ya!

Devon Burnfield said...

I would so have to agree with my mother! Your an awesome dad.