...This is a place where God allows me to show you what He is doing through our ministry in Honduras...

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanks




On Thursday Sam, Jen and I celebrated Thanksgiving at Casa de Esperanza. It was probably the best thanksgiving I have ever been to. Marc Tindal had each of the children say what they were thankful for. Starting with the oldest children to the youngest, to brought tears to my eyes hearing that they were thankful for their new families their at Casa and the new friends that they had made.
After lots and lots of food, we went to unload a container that Jen shipped from Nashville. Jen received a phone call at about 4:30is pm. to be at Baxter Institute to unpack the container. Ashley and I were heading to San Pedro to pick up our friend Mike, so we turned around and went to unload the container. After about waiting for an hour or so, the people called and said that they would not be there until 8:00am the next day! Jen had already organized about five other people to be there; WELCOME TO HONDURAS!
Ashley and I went to San Pedro and back on Thursday - early Friday morning. I was at Baxter after only 3 hours of sleep, fully awake and ready to start unpacking. I should have known that the people needed to inspect the contents of the container wouldn't show up until at least 11am. Thus being the case, we didn't finish until 5 pm. unloading and trucking the items to their proper places. But God is good and faithful; he supplied us with more things to serve the people of Honduras!!!

No comments: