...This is a place where God allows me to show you what He is doing through our ministry in Honduras...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Helping Others...

Well, since I have been able to, I donate blood on a regular basis in the states. Its one of my favorite things to do. After being in Honduras, by law, you are not allowed to give blood for one year. I was always frustrated when the blood mobile would could to the church or school because I would never be able to give.
Yesterday, after getting back into Tegucigalpa, we met up with Gina Larios and her family. Both of her parents are doctors and at her fathers office they had set up a projector to watch the soccer game against Honduras and Mexico. Gina's mom went and talked with a close, family friend in the hospital there.
After the game, we went to visit the man as well. He is losing lots of blood among many other problems. I left the room for a minute to use the bathroom and when I returned Ashley looked at me and asked, "David, want to donate blood for Mr. Gomez " Without even thinking, my automatic response was yes! I was excited about it!! I asked if I was the right blood type. They said that it didn't matter because the blood bank told the family that if they got people to donate, they would give him blood first. So they have recruited the four of us and more are expected to be there! We are all anticipating what and how the process here works!
We are leaving now, to go and donate!!! I'll you know how it goes!!
ps. Honduras won the soccer game last night, therefore, they can now go to Africa to start preparing for the World Cup. The people of Honduras spirits are lifted today.

No comments: