...This is a place where God allows me to show you what He is doing through our ministry in Honduras...

Monday, November 17, 2008

Made It!!!!!!!!!

Well, after staying up all night Friday and traveling all day Saturday, I finally made it here to Honduras!! I love this country. After arriving in the San Pedro Sula Airport and standing in the passport line for about an hour, I found both of my bags and went to catch the bus. Since I had stood in the passport line for so long I missed the bus to the Grand Centeral Station. So I found a taxi driver to tax me there, which actually cost less then taxing the bus :). After finding the right bus station to go to, I met a lady by the name of Danielle, she was a older Honduran lady, but she spoke perfect english.

As we departed on our four our bus ride to La Esperanza, we got to know eachother very well. I found that she moved to the United States about thirty years ago. She had traveled the world baisicly. She told me about her career as a real estate agent in California, about her children in Ohio and New Mexico. I learned of her family here in Honduras. The best part about talking to her was when we started discussing our religions. She is a Jehova Witness and it was really good to sit and listen to what her beliefes were. It was a total God thing, because we got to discuss my faith as well. For about two hours of the trip we had our bibles open, discussing differences in our faiths. It was very uplifting.

Sunday morning was very excitting for me. Church was supposed to start at 1 pm. At about 1:15 the substatute preacher still wasn´t there. Ashley and Sam both begged me to do a short lesson. Good thing Joe had made me teach his class a few weeks ago. I was already prepared!!! As I got up to start my lesson, I was reading from Ephesians 6:13-15, when the preacher came running in. He was very apologetic about being late, he was picking up about 20 more people for the service. He went ahead and preached and did a very good job.

After being here for only a day and a half, I have already been able to witness and talk about God´s love several times. Thank you, my family, for giving me this oportunity to serve the people of Honduras.

No comments: